Accurate Infrastructure Data, Inc. (A/I/DATA) is a professional service firm and small business established in January, 2005 to provide underground utility investigation, subsurface utility engineering, surveying and mapping services to engineers, surveyors, developers, facility managers, and construction industry professionals. Services include subsurface utility infrastructure records research, investigation, field marking, surveying and depiction or mapping of the location of all types of subsurface utility systems. A/I/DATA employs electro-magnetic (EM) based instruments and ground penetrating radar (GPR) to detect underground utilities. Air-vacuum excavation methods are used to safely expose subsurface utilities so that they can be measured and documented.
The services offered by A/I/DATA are modeled on the industry specifications defined in CI/ASCE 38-02, Standard Guideline for the Collection and Depiction of Existing Subsurface Utility Data (ASCE 38-02).
A/I/DATA is engaged with allied professional organizations to stay current with industry trends and to keep informed about issues that affect our clients and fellow professionals. We connect with these industry groups in order to assess their changing needs:
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- National Society of Professional Surveyors
- Maryland Society of Professional Engineers
- Design Build Institute of America
- Maryland Society of Surveyors
- American Council of Engineering Companies/Maryland
- Common Ground Alliance
- Chesapeake Area Society of Healthcare Engineering
- Urban Land Institute
- Society of American Military Engineers
- Maryland Damage Prevention Committee
- Maryland National Capital Building Industry Association